Northern Inyo Hospital
Notice of Privacy Practices
Northern Inyo Hospital is committed to maintaining the privacy of your medical information, as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996. This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Also, the notice describes your rights and certain obligations we have regarding the use and disclosure of medical information.
Understanding the use and disclosure of medical information will help you in the decision-making process about your medical information.
Please click here for a printable English version of Northern Inyo Hospital Notice of Privacy Practices.
Por favor presione aquí para ver en español la versión para imprimir del Informe de Normas de Confidencialidad.
Click on the title to access the form.
You have the right to:
* Request a specific way of communicating with you: "Communication Restriction Request"
* Request us to withhold your personal information from the public: "Request to Withhold Directory Information from the Public"
* Request us to restrict the use and disclosure of your medical information: "Patient Information Restriction Request"
* Authorize the use and disclosure of your medical information: "Authorization to Use and Disclose Health Information"
* Request the amendment of your medical information: "Request to Amend Protected Health Information"
* File a statement of disagreement to our denial of your request to amend your protected health information: "Statement of Disagreement"
* Request us to include your request to amend and our denial with all future disclosures of the information you requested to amend: "Statement of Disagreement"
* Make a complaint to the hospital: "Privacy Complaint"